domingo, 6 de março de 2016

Making the robot MDi #4 - part 2: fiberglass chest, arms preview and new parts received

     I would like to have finished the chest, but he suffered a small accident... yes, he fell to the ground when I was preparing it to apply spray primer... but it's repaired and fine now!
     I have uploaded a video of the Pepakura work and another that shows many steps of the fiberglass work.



     Now the chest is closer than ever to be ready. And it's super lightweight. I just need to finish some custom features that will be made with polystyrene (high impact polystyrene) sheets. When it is fully ready, I'll weigh it.
     Below you can see that I used polystyrene sheets in some flat areas. Certainly with fiberglass I could not do it so flat. And on the side became with a suitable reinforcement, where the arms are installed (3 layers of 2mm polystyrene).

     I was a bit concerned about the DC motors for the treads, but fortunately I found good ones with 25 kgf-cm and 233 RPM @ 12V at a reasonable price.
     I do intend to finish in the next days the pan/tilt mechanism.
     See you guys!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário